Ryan Seacrest joins Olympics coverage for NBC

Matt Lauer asked Ryan Seacrest this morning if he was after his Today job.
After hyping Seacrest's appearance for an hour, Lauer directly asked "what kind of conversations" he has had with NBC about joining the Today show.

"Oh, they didn't tell you?" joked Seacrest.

"I've worked with the E! network for years and NBC Universal and E! are in the same family. The plan is for me to join the NBC family and continue to have role at the E! network. The first assignment will be to join the prime-time team for the Olympics on NBC."

He said he's "very much looking forward to" it.

Lauer still wanted names and dates of conversations about Today. Seacrest joked that the conversations were about "filling in to do weather."

But Lauer kept digging. Does Seacrest see himself doing a job like Lauer's?
"I see you doing this as long as you want to," countered Seacrest. "So the question is: How long will you be on the Today show?"

Lauer didn't answer that directly. "Can I say something? I think you'd be great at this job," he said to Seacrest. He added that the two "are friendly. We have talked about this, joked about this. There is no tension here."

As for American Idol, Seacrest said, "I plan to stay there." He said a deal isn't "quite there."

So where does Seacrest see himself in five years? "The same height," joked Seacrest, "but hopefully balancing everything that I've been able to build and doing a good job at it." He added, "I like to be a good conduit to pop culture."

No comments:

Post a Comment